Tuesday 12 October 2010

more beads!

I'm getting into making lampwork sets now, i find it a bit repetative to stand and make 5-8 of the same beads and really struggle to make sets but i have perservered and i'm getting into it now. It is still taking me 2-3 sessions at my torch before i have made a set but i'm getting there.

These are a set i made using mystic pink glass, it gives the beads a cloudy effect but you can't see it from the picture.
This is a set i adore, they are teal and purple and the picture really doesn't do them justice. I've finished off another 3 sets and made a focal over the last 2 days and i have also started another set which i have fallen in love with so watch this space....pictures soon :0).

2 comments:

  1. They look really great! I would love to try my hand at lampworking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanne :)
    I found your blog via Dc a little while ago- I really like your jewellery-making style and usually end up clicking through from the gallery to have a closer look and thought I'd just leave a comment to say hello!! :) I make jewellery myself, though not often to sell at the moment, and I was really intrigued by the fact you make your own beads- the ones above are beautiful, purple and teal are my two fav colours!! :) (Purple beads do seem to be nearly impossible to photograph right, though, the colour never looks as good, so I can well believe those beads look even better irl!!)
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete